Cam’ronicles Part 1: The University Whose Mascot is a Color

So I promised Heather that I would write some entries about a few of my work adventures. I was lucky enough to get to travel to some pretty cool locales across the country.

Heather has already blogged about our month-long adventure we had in DC during my work orientation, so let’s move on to the next story: Stanford University.



 One of my first assignments in my new job was to make a 30-minute documentary about the Hanford Site, a former Manhattan Project site in southeastern Washington State.  It’s a pretty complex nuclear cleanup site with a fascinating history.  Before this I had almost no video production experience, so I needed to learn fast. Lucky for me that my friends at Stanford and the Digital Media Academy offered a week-long crash course on things I would need to know in order to produce an effective and appealing piece.

As part of the class, a group of us made a documentary about the Stanford University Equestrian team. The team is very talented and is under the direction of great leadership and has an excellent farrier to take care of the precious horses.


Did you know that Utah State University has almost twice the amount of students as Stanford? Little tidbit I learned. Check out Stanford’s beautiful campus.



One of the members of my group had a car. This was an omen that we were supposed to go check out Frisco. My new friends Calvin and Ricardo. 



We jetted across the Golden Gate Bridge, but unfortunately the fog was a barrier to our view.


It’s really there, I promise.



Then we cruised down Lombard Street: the windiest road in America. Sorry it was dark and I was in a car, so I don't have a good picture of it. 


Reptiles in SF come in the form of sourdough.


Just a hop, skip and a swim from Alcatraz.



Though my San Francisco experience was short and sweet, I tend to agree with the famous newsman who said, "Leaving San Francisco is like saying goodbye to an old sweetheart.  You want to linger as long as possible." - Walter Cronkite

P.S. The Hanford documentary will be posted to YouTube soon. 

0 comments: