You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man

Well this computer is worse than my old one, so I can't rearrange the pictures and I uploaded them out of order but I think you'll be able to figure it out.

This post is about the Indian Summer Run Half Marathon that Cameron ran this last Saturday, 9/19/09.

He's been training for about 8 weeks now and he was ready.  This is the first "long" race that he's ever ran, the longest before was a 5k.  The day of the race the weather was pretty mild, very "Indian Summer" if you will.  The race started at 8 am and Cam started right up at the front of the group.  I got some good pictures of him as he started and even popped in at a few spots on his race to hand off Poweraide and get more pictures.  The race started at the Columbia Point Marina and continued along the river until they turned around and ran back along the same path.

Cam's time was 1 hour and 43 minutes, which is 15 minutes faster than his practice time and comes to about 7 1/2 minute miles! I wanted to post some results but they are not posted yet, so I'll update this post when they come.

WAY TO GO CAM! 






P.S. We leave for our cruise in 8 days!!

0 comments: