A Thousand Words

I'm not sure if I've ever said it here on the blog but it's always been funny to me that, "A picture says a thousand words." If this is the case why do we put captions on our pictures?

First and foremost, we are so EXCITED to go to HAWAII with STEPH and ETHAN!! I made a countdown chain for the next 2 weeks. It's pretty hard to miss when you come in the door :)

Our house is getting more character and turning into "our house" more each day. Here's a picture of the door frames. Cameron says they remind him of a colonial look. I took this picture to also show the design of the doors. I like them. But hey I like it all..
This is the floor in the bathroom, they put this stuff down to prepare for tile which should be coming this next week.
The door frames and baseboards look stunning with the red.
Cameron's testing these shelves for sturdiness.
They completed the sprinkler system and smoothed the backyard even further.
Here's the banister on the stairs (pre-paint, it's white now).
Our beautiful column. I think about 10 times this week we've mentioned the column to each other because we like the way it turned out SO much. You could say we LURVE it!
Here's the cement poured for the flower beds, etc.

Our door was uncovered this week so we saw it for the first time. It's classy glassy.
Here's a look down the stairs at the island. It's cool to look down the stairs and see something there.
We're really pleased with our choices on the cabinets. This was one choice that was a no-brainer for us because we both love dark cabinets so much.
The cupboard and shelf in the washroom.
And a finished picture of the cabinets.
Master bathroom
We also picked out our fridge and washer and dryer on Friday. We're pretty sure on our choices but are waiting on quotes.
Oh, and I also began the glorious process of packing...enough said.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! It's turning out to look so good!

Alicia said...

I love the red wall. Do you guys want to borrow a shload of moving boxes??? We saved all ours. The only thing is we'd love you to flatten and return them when you are done. But we have lots. Come help yourselves!!

Or...if it's less hassle, you can buy them for $75 (1/2 what we paid). Whichever.

Your house is looking LOVELY!!

StephanieRose said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love the chain, I love the doors, I love the baseboards and contrast, I love the cabinets and I LOVE that I in 10 sleeps I get to come see it in real life!!

Salony said...

Thanks for all the great comments, it makes me feel cool! Alicia, thanks for the offer, we kept all our boxes when we moved last year but if we need more I'll probably give you a call. Steph--HAWAII

Anonymous said...

you guys have a beautiful house! but I'm sure you already knew that.
I already have a house warming gift for you guys.

Anna said...

i LURVE it all!