A Mother's Mutterings

I must confess I've have most of this post put together for almost 2 weeks, I don't know why I haven't posted it- but here it is finally.

There are a few things I just need to put on here because I think it's funny.  The first is my memory- it hasn't been the greatest lately and I blame it on the lack of sleep. Last month I went to lunch with my co-workers and it wasn't until late that night that I realized I didn't put on mascara. No one said anything but I'm sure someone had to notice! Then about a week later I forgot my whole bag of make up on our trip to Seattle, so I just went without makeup for a day until we had time to stop at Walmart.

I don't know if it's just me but I think that baby clothes are funny. All baby clothes should be labeled the same. It can really be confusing for a new mother! I can understand the 3-6 month size but the clothes that say 3 month and are for 0-3 months has really thrown me off. I even thought I had it all figured out and bought a onesie to go with Roderick's Halloween costume and it wasn't until I was putting it on him that I realized I had purchased a 3 month size when I meant to buy 6 month (which means he barely fit into it for Halloween and doesn't get to wear it any more).

Roderick's now in 3-6 month clothes and as I was sorting out the smaller clothes and bringing in the bigger clothes I found there were a few things that several months ago I had naively put with the larger clothes but they were 3 month size clothes (the smaller size) and they'll just have to be stored away without being worn. It's sad putting away the clothes you like and knowing your little baby isn't so little anymore. :)

Here are a few pictures:

I liked this one because it looks like he's raising his hand while he's sleeping, and I just love a sleeping baby


Here's that cute boy looking over my shoulder in his cute crab pajamas- one of my favorites from a baby shower


This was on Sunday October 28th- doesn't he just look nice and chubby- I love those cheeks!


I took photos a few times to show how Roderick has grown now that he's 3 months old. On October 30th he weighed 14.8 pounds and measured 24 inches long.  

Roderick still loves to be held and that means that I get to snuggle and cuddle with him a lot. He's getting more hair on the top of his head. He loves to talk to us and listen to us sing. He's full of smiles for everyone. He likes to look in the mirror and now gets excited to see himself.


The last time in this outfit- as you can tell it was getting a little snug


And then moving up to the next size and needing to roll up the sleeves :)






Another great sleeping pose- Touchdown!!


We wanted to make sure and show how much he drooled all over his shirt while sitting in his bouncer- something about the bouncer makes him drool big time if he doesn't have a binkie in his mouth.


This little sheriff is all worn out


And lastly, Roderick slept in his crib for the first time on Monday, November 5th. We snuck in and took a few pictures after he was asleep. He had slowly been moved out of our room to right outside our door and now that he's three months he's in his own room and in his crib. Now to sleep through the night!


Last Saturday, November 10th, we took Roderick to his first football game to meet two of his uncles. It was a lot of fun to see them up here in Washington!


We found this warm winter jumpsuit for Roderick to wear to the game (it reminds me of the Christmas story) and got a cute picture of him in the fall leaves. 


Here's Roderick with Uncle Jordan...


...and Uncle Brian.


I found this cute little get up for Roderick to wear to church. I think he looks debonair!





4 comments:

Kara M. said...

That is a super cute church outfit! :) I can't believe he is in his own room now! Do you have the room all finished?

Melisa said...

Loving all of the posts and the great pictures of Roddy!!!

StephanieRose said...

Oh my gosh, the snowsuit is the best thing I have ever seen! And the new church outfit is so fabulous. I am in love!

I can't believe he is sleeping in the crib now! I can't believe how big he is getting. I can't wait to see him!

Salony said...

I'm still working on getting everything on the walls in his room but I'll be posting pictures when I'm done!