A Holly Jolly Christmas

Christmas was fun! Isn't it always?!

I was feeling a little homesick as Christmas got closer, so I made some schwarzweiss geback (German black and white cookies) that my Mom usually makes during Christmastime.  I realized after I started making them that I didn't have a rolling pin but I was able to get the dough spread and rolled by hand. The design that I made ended up looking like little mustache cookies and doesn't Roderick look a little mischievous with a mustache. 


For Christmas Eve dinner I made a Christmas tree pizza.


After dinner, Roderick opened his new pajamas and we left some cookies and hot cocoa for Santa and then set out our stockings.


Here's our little felt tree with all the presents on Christmas morning.


Here's Roderick coming in on Christmas morning and then opening presents. We were all really excited and had a lot of fun!






It was a fun morning, we had a yummy breakfast with Cinnabon rolls and egg casserole and then relaxed and played for the day.  That evening we dressed up nice and went with some friends from the Mansfield program to the New Sanno Hotel for a Christmas dinner buffet.  It was delicious with all sorts of American foods and the added benefit that I didn't have to make it or clean up afterwards.





All in all it was our first Christmas as just the Salony family and we made some great memories.

1 comments:

Holli Anne Curtis said...

Way to go making black and white cookies! I love that they are mustaches!! Makes them that much better:) We missed you over the holidays, but it looks like you had a very nice "Salony Only" Christmas!! It's nice to have one of those every once and awhile:)