DC at Night

Sunday the 22nd we made it out the the National Health and Medicine Museum. It was pretty small but there were some cool things to look at. I think my sister would have really loved this place, it could have been a field trip :)


This is the bullet that killed President Lincoln and a cuff from the Edward Curtis who did President Lincoln's autopsy.


Monday I had my Pentagon Tour scheduled. I thought it was pretty neat, they have some cool things in their halls. They took us to a memorial to those who died at the Pentagon on 9/11 and there was a window to see the memorial outside. In the indoor memorial it was cool because they had two books where each victim had a page biography that you could read about them.

After the Pentagon I went over to the Botanic Garden at the base of Capital Hill. They have such a large collection of orchids, which are my favorite flower, and it was so green and lush in there, Cam & I really enjoyed it.



On our way home Cam took me inside the Forrestal Building to look at a small museum they have about DOE.
After dinner we went and looked at the monuments in the dark, which I've been wanting to do since I got here. They were all beautiful!!




0 comments: