Cake FUN

So I took the first Wilton Cake Decorating class last fall when we were back in Logan but haven't had the time or opportunity to take any of the others yet. After the first class I considered just buying the "tools" and practicing since that's all we really did in the class.


Tonight we had the BEST Enrichment night. We made little fondant cakes from large cupcakes. It was SO easy and so FUN. It gave me the motivation and encouragement to start getting what I need to make cakes and practice here at home. I also got a really good fondant recipe, it's made from marshmallows and doesn't taste like that disgusting stuff you buy at the store. Here are my two little cakes.

4 comments:

Elise said...

Wow! Those are really good! It's going to be rough not having you around for Cohen's birthday, because that means I will have to make his cake myself!

StephanieRose said...

This is great. I am so impressed.

Kelsey said...

OOOO... Whats the fondant recipe?

Beka and Eric Sorensen said...

Cuteness!! I'm trying to improve my cake decorating skills, but its still pretty scary! So, how are you two doing? I was bummed we weren't in Burley the day you came through. I hope your summer is great!!! Love, Beka