Grandpa

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blogging, Cameron and I seem to have a busier month in November then we expected. Probably the same as most people out there!


On November 9th, 2009 my Grandpa Curtis passed away in his sleep. It seems so ironic that his funeral was held on Monday, November 16th, his 89th Birthday. It was a beautiful funeral and a celebration of his long and wonderful life. I'm so thankful to know that I'll see him again and that we are a part of a forever family. Grandpa fought in WWII and was a top turret gunner in B-17's. At his internment the Air Force came and played taps and presented a flag to my Grandma Curtis. This was so cool to see and I'm thankful for his service to our wonderful country. These pictures below are obviously from our wedding last August. This first one is my favorite, I mean just look at it. It was right after we came out of the temple as Mr. and Mrs. Salony and Grandpa was literally the first person there to give me a hug.
This second one is at our reception.
And this third one is also at the reception. Grandpa is sharing some advice with Cameron. He always had something wise and loving to say. It makes me think of going to visit Grandpa and as I'd give him a hug goodbye he would tell me he loved me and to "Be a Good Girl"
When I was little, Grandpa used to call me, "Brown Eyes." I loved how it how he always made me feel so special. When Cameron and I would go visit when we were engaged and married he would tell Cameron to take care of me and that I was his favorite. But Grandpa didn't play favorites. I'm sure all of us grandkids felt like a favorite.

Grandpa was also tease, he was always grabbing us grandkids as we ran around and playing with us, and then always getting a hug.

I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!

2 comments:

Emily and Ryan said...

It was so good to see you guys! I'm so glad I have your blog now. Thanks for stopping by. It really was a highlight for us. Hope life is good. Keep in touch!

paige and jord said...

im so sorry to hear about your grandpa! what a blessing the plan of happiness brings into our lives. we miss you guys! hope all is well.